Wednesday, April 4, 2012

strategic halloween shopping

I don't really like Halloween (so much so that I have to talk about it in April...) I feel like most costume designers are either really into it, or really aren't. I fall in the latter category, and had been able to lie low in recent years until I started dating my boyfriend. His birthday is Halloween weekend, and inevitably someone throws a costumey birthday party for him. So I came up with a strategy to enjoy dressing up. For every costume I have to wear, I get to buy one piece of clothing that I would want to wear in a non-costume setting. This year, I bought a safari jacket to go as Jane Winslett-Richardson from The Life Aquatic. And I have worn the crap out of that thing. It creates a laid-back feel when worn over a dress and works as a versatile neutral with prints and bold colors. Who knew Halloween shopping could be so practical?

"Where'd you come from? You look pregnant"

safari shirt-jacket
shirt, jeans, toms, necklace
dress, necklace, sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment