Tuesday, April 3, 2012

business class

My day to day outfits for work have to be flexible enough that I can carry boxes and loads of shopping bags, be on my hands and knees pinning hems, or stand on a table to reach a high shelf-ful of hangers. Costuming is GLAMOROUS. It's not that you have to dress in sweatpants every day, but you don't want to ruin a lovely silk shirt snagging it on a work table. Which is why I am jealous of people who can work in offices and wear pretty little Peter Pan collar blouses and dramatic trousers and heels. This is my alter-ego-office-attire-professor outfit. Wearing a prim collared blouse and very tall shoes lets college kids know you aren't one of them, even if maybe you look like you could be...
blouse, pants, belt, wedges, earrings, bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment