Friday, April 13, 2012

spring strip-down

I remember, growing up in the Midwest, the first moderately warm day of spring every kid would try to wear shorts to school. We were usually covered in goosebumps until the glorious sun would come out and warm things up in the afternoon, and then it was all worth it. I feel like every day in Los Angeles is kind of like that, and I swear that's why the whole Uggs+miniskirts combo became a fad: Uggs warm you for the cold morning, the miniskirt cools you off for the afternoon. It's a splitting-the-difference kind of combo. 

Layering is key. I find that if my feet are warm, the rest of me can handle the cool weather. I usually pair boots with a skirt, and then pile the rest of the layers on top. I have a cool option (a tank top), with a medium weight (chambray shirt) with a chunky sweater on top. Add a scarf, and I'm all bundled up for the morning. Then you can just remove layers as the day goes on! (Or if you are like me, you will continue to add and remove layers over and over throughout the day based on a cold front or a hot flash). 
tank, skirt, chambray shirt, cardigan, belt, boots, scarf, necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment