Tuesday, April 24, 2012

dressed down sequins

As someone who always buys too many sparkly things for the holidays, I really love the trend of dressed down sequins for every day wear. This skirt from Asos is only 23 bucks! AND it doesn't look like a tarty tube top (some of the inexpensive ones do). Another thing I love is layering, which is obviously all over this site. This particular set of layers is a little more realistic for me personally because it features a sleeveless collared button down with a tshirt over it. I'd love to be able to layer shirts-under-sweaters-under-jackets-under-etc, but I have a little body mass of my own, and sometimes  that just looks bulky. This gives the look of layers without adding much heft (and it's cooler for spring, as well). Taking it out of the silver/black/brown neutral world, I've added some pops of purple and blue to finish off this casual sequined look. 
sleeveless chambray shirt, polka dot boat neck tshirt, sequined skirt, necklace, bangles, flats
Outfit total: $122.12

No comments:

Post a Comment