Tuesday, May 8, 2012

stripes: two ways

I love horizontal stripes, so of course I love this little Old Navy tank dress. I also just read an article about how horizontal stripes make you look thinner than vertical stripes, so I'm going for it. To break up the stripes a bit, I've added a canvas funnel neck jacket and a sheer waterfall vest. Both of these pieces minimize how much bust and hips have stripes wrapped across them, and I think this contributes to a slimmer look. When styling stripes, I tend to want to make things really nautical or French Kiss-y, so I went against that with a large feather statement necklace and a dangling chevron chain necklace. Finish off the look with a cool pair of oxfords or a kicky pair of wedges, and you've got two new ways to wear stripes. 
(l): striped dress, jacket, necklace, brogues
(r): striped dress, vest, necklace, wedges
Left Outfit Total: $92.78
Right Outfit Total: $94.59

No comments:

Post a Comment