Thursday, March 22, 2012

monochromatic accessories

My go-to (read lazy) way of making things go together is to wear monochromatic accessories with a statement piece. Some days it is too much work to figure how to style a white summery dress so that it is appropriate for March. Or this cool navy tshirt dress with sequined stripes? I could definitely get stuck trying on every  combination of shoes, tights and jewelry I own trying to get that look right. In a pinch, I just add a black necklace, black tights, and black boots. This also helps to harden up some of my prissier dresses on an average day. If combat/granny boots aren't your style, a simple black flat or riding boot could give the same effect. The recipe is simple: you really only have to add one new ingredient! 
boots, tights, necklace, white dress, navy dress

No comments:

Post a Comment