Saturday, March 31, 2012

bullseye

This post is dedicated to my friend Melissa, who works for a store with a strict dress code: red top, khaki bottoms. I love a good red-khaki combo, but I am sure this gets a bit tedious. Since the colors have to stay the same, fun accessories and switching up the silhouette are the best tools for keeping it interesting.  On top, a long sleeved henley, a sleeveless blouse, and a red cuffed tshirt make up good, versatile options to accessorize.  Boyfriend khakis, jeggings, and paper bag waist linen pants all fit the bottom bill. The costume designer in me can't help finishing off the nautical red stripes with a boat shoe. This middle design is perhaps the free-spirited employee (dream catcher necklace and motorcycle boots!), and the last look is classic with just a bit of funk. Melissa, you can be all three! 
first look: top, pants, shoes, bracelet
second look: top, pants, boots, necklace
third look: top, pants, loafers, necklace

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I can work with this! Has to be a solid top, but love the accessories! Thanks for thinking of me, schuellllss.

    PS-I'm out for blood with this best dressed in red and khaki contest. I pulled out all the stops this week. I'll let you know the results soon :)

    ReplyDelete